Published July 12, 2021
A career at Dudsbury Golf Club, Hotel & Spa is as rewarding as you are willing to make it. To ensure the smooth running of a busy Golf Club takes a wide variety of people; all working towards a common goal. The business enjoys a sociable, passionate environment supported by the owner; with a fun and friendly workplace.
Located within a 160 acre Golf Course in Ferndown; Dudsbury Golf Club, Hotel & Spa is a unique property that believes in impeccable, genuine service with attention to every detail. The hotel boasts a championship golf course, 3 function rooms, a popular restaurant and relaxing spa.
JOB TITLE: Greenkeeping Assistants
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
Job Summary: To carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Head Greenkeeper and General Manager, in accordance with the Club’s Golf Course Maintenance Policy, its Health and Safety Policy and the Greenkeepers Code of Conduct.
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
- Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, indicating OOB, Drop zones and hazards.
- Switch and brush greens
- Apply top dressing and fertilizer
- Renovate worn and damaged turf
- Prepare and maintain machinery
- Monitor and Maintain health, safety and security in the workplace
- Responding to emergencies
- Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others
- Preparing machinery for storage
- The rules of golf relating to golf course maintenance
- Preparing ground to establish plants on the golf course
- Establishing plants on the golf course
- Maintaining trees and shrubs on the golf course
- Communicating effectively
- Keeping management informed of any issues.
- Any other duties commensurate with this position
- General duties in accordance with the needs of the business