Published July 12, 2021
Hotel Reception Staff
A career at Dudsbury Golf Club, Hotel & Spa is as rewarding as you are willing to make it. To ensure the smooth running of a busy Hotel takes a wide variety of people; all working towards a common goal. The business enjoys a sociable, passionate environment supported by the owner; with a fun and friendly workplace. Located within a 160-acre Golf Course in Ferndown; Dudsbury Golf Club, Hotel & Spa is a unique property that believes in impeccable, genuine service with attention to every detail. The hotel boasts a championship golf course, 3 function rooms, a popular restaurant and relaxing spa.
Job Summary: A Receptionist at Dudsbury Golf Club, Hotel & Spa plays a vital role within the Front of House team, providing a great guest experience to our guests as the first point of contact. You must have a keen eye for detail and an organised approach in order to exceed our guests’ expectations. You must be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn and a commitment to delivering our guests the best possible experience and a great stay every time.
- To ensure good presentation and tidiness of all areas of reception
- To welcome visitors to the Hotel, Spa, Club and Restaurant and assist with any queries and redirect where necessary.
- To answer the telephone in a courteous manner, redirect calls where necessary and report all telephone messages for other members of staff.
- To ensure the reception area is kept tidy and welcome boards are displayed with appropriate messages for the days functions.
- To ensure adequate supplies of brochures and literature are available at all times.
- To respond to emails and faxes / distribute accordingly.
- To prepare and update restaurants menus as and when instructed by Restaurant Manager/Head Chef using Microsoft Office Suite.
- To take lunch and dinner reservations for Bentleys Restaurant and Spikes Bistro, recording all bookings appropriately.
- To take payments for new members to Golf Club or Spa and issuing bag tags or membership cards.
- To prepare table plans for display on welcome boards in readiness for functions using Microsoft Office Suite.
- To provide administration assistance to colleagues and any other tasks that may be deemed appropriate by the management.
- To provide cover where possible for reception colleagues during sickness and annual leave periods.
- To take bookings for the hotel recording all bookings on system.
- To check out guests from the hotel and take payments. To take guests to their hotel room and assist with their luggage.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Front Office experience
- High level of IT proficiency
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience at training, coaching and developing teams
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
What we offer:
In return for your skills and dedication we can offer a competitive hourly paid salary and a host of great benefits; ranging from discounted meals on duty, friends and family rates for functions/accommodation, complimentary spa & gym memberships, golf club membership, free parking, pension scheme and continual training & support. Staff accommodation may also be available.